Protecting our most valuable resource
In Parman Energy Group’s philosophy of safety, our employees are our most valuable resource—and no phase of business is more important than their personal safety. We believe that all accidents can be prevented, and that safety is an integral part of everyone’s job, not just senior management. Safety is everyone’s responsibility, from dispatcher to driver.
Core safety values
- All accidents are preventable
- All injuries are preventable
- Working safely is a condition of employment
- All operating exposures can be safeguarded
- Training employees to work safely is essential
- Injury/Illness prevention has a direct impact on employee morale, productivity, company earnings and customer satisfaction
- Recognizing safe behaviors cultivates better understanding of our policies, philosophy and practices
- All employees are empowered to stop any unsafe job or project through the “Stop Work Authority” program.
To foster this philosophy Parman Energy Group has a full-time safety manager to develop and administer safety training for faculty and staff. The Fleet Safety and Maintenance Manager’s chief focus is not only to ensure this philosophy is followed, but to motivate employees to act safely in all aspects of their life (work and home) so that they can be there for their families.
Parman Energy Group’s safety program is compliant with all federal, state and local regulations with an emphasis on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) requirements for general industry. We have regularly scheduled formal field and classroom training sessions in all necessary safety standards including: confined space access, industrial lift truck, hazard communication, spill prevention and hazardous materials security.
Through consistent application of this philosophy, we actively promote a work environment that contributes to the positive attitudes and safe practices of individual employees. Total safety is an individual effort geared towards an all-encompassing Parman Energy Group goal of an injury free workplace. After all, safety is just good business.